Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Twisted Scenario in QlikView Need Help !!!!!!

Hi All,

Recently i am facing a twisted scenario which i am unable to resolve now i need you guys help. Please see the scenario with data in attachment.

Thanks & Regards,

Muhammad

19 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Create an AsOf Table for your Date in the script.

2. Create a Pivot table with Product as Dimension and AsOfDate as a horizontal dimension.

3. For expression:

sum(Sales) -alt(Before(sum(Sales)),0)

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rob,

Thanks alot for your response. Actually i did as you said and created a as of table on my data but i don't know some thing is wrong i want a favor can you please make a qvw on my attached data file.

Your help would be highly obliged.

Thanks & Regards,

Arsalan

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please upload your QVW and maybe someone can take a look.

-Rob

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Is there any restriction on date selection?  Like 1 date / 3 dates etc.  What if the user selects 2 dates, 3 dates, 5 dates etc.

If it is 1 or 3 dates selection then it is possible otherwise it would be very difficult to handle.

Regards,

Jagan.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for your reply. There is no restriction on dates user can select 1 date and select as many dates as he want.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rob,

Due to data security i can't upload my qvw but i upload the demy data for you guys. if you can create a qvw from the data that's so great of you. And in excel 2nd tab i also mentioned the desired result.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jagan,

Is there any solution to cater this problem. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Arsalan

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

What if user selects 4 dates, 5 dates, 6 dates, etc.  there should be some logic.

Regards,

Jagan.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for your reply.

But user selection is not limited to 4 or 5 dates. And that's the problem that i am facing. If user selection restricted to 4 or 5 dates then i used Input box to take date as input and then evaluate the expression. Please share your idea.

Thanks & Regards,

Arsalan

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Need help Community members !!!!!!

Thanks,

Arsalan