Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rammarthi
Creator
Creator

Two List Boxes Same Row Automatic Selection

Hi,

I have two different list boxes data with in which is not connected.

Now if I select second row in first list box, automatically second row in second list box should be selected with out any association in data model. Can some one help me with this. Can we do it with RecNo() and Variable combination.

Kindly provide answer as on how we can do it both in backend and frontend?

Regards

Ram

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do they have different values or the same exact values?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you send an example?

rammarthi
Creator
Creator
Author

Different Values ofcourse

sunny_talwar

So you will be making selection based on the order in the list box? What if the order was changed? Doesn't matter?

rammarthi
Creator
Creator
Author

It doesn't matter Sunny only aspect to consider is by position of the field. If I select the second one in first list second one in second list should be selected. If I select the third one in first list third row should be selected and so on.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no simple universal way of identifying which row number was selected in the first list box,nor is there an easy way to auto-select a value by a list box ordinal position.

You will need to add some extra attributes to your data to make this possible, but what are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there is a simpler way that works with QV, rather than trying to work around QV.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein