Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two Tables, Similar Columns, don't want to share selections

I have two tables, A and B, that have share a few columns, and have a few different ones.

I don't want selections made in Table A to affect Table B and vice versa. These tables are on the same sheet. Is it possible to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Unfortunately what you're trying to achieve goes against Qlikviews core pricipal of association...but as with most things there are a couple of possible work arounds which may help:

1. Detach one of the charts - it will no longer be effected by selections elsewhere in the document.

2. Use Set Analysis to ignore / include certain selections made on dimensions.

3. Place the charts on seperate tabs and use an 'OnSheetActivate' action to clear selections when the new sheet is selected and vice versa.

None of those may solve the problem perfectly but they should help you get there - you may have to compromise in the end.

Hope that helps.

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think one way of accomplishing this is by "aliasing" the similar fields by using "AS" in the load script:

i.e.

LOAD CustomerId,

Name

FROM Table1

LOAD CustomerId AS ChildCustomerId,

ParentId,

DateCreated

FROM TABLE2

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, the fields are quite large and this would greatly increase the size of my file, so I'd like to avoid it if possible.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

hi HannahRC

I wouls suggest to use qualify function

Regards

ASHFAQ

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Unfortunately what you're trying to achieve goes against Qlikviews core pricipal of association...but as with most things there are a couple of possible work arounds which may help:

1. Detach one of the charts - it will no longer be effected by selections elsewhere in the document.

2. Use Set Analysis to ignore / include certain selections made on dimensions.

3. Place the charts on seperate tabs and use an 'OnSheetActivate' action to clear selections when the new sheet is selected and vice versa.

None of those may solve the problem perfectly but they should help you get there - you may have to compromise in the end.

Hope that helps.

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

I'll have to test a little more, but it looks like detaching is what I was after. Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

In case any one else has this problem, what I ended up doing was checking the "read only box" on the properties --> General tab. It seemed to do the trick.