cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Add project in SVN repository using Qlik Source Control Option

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Qlik Source Control with Github. I follow the Updated Guide to QlikView and Source Control (TFS & Subversion) intructions to connect to an SVN repository, and  so far I'm able to pull an existing proyect and update changes, but when I try to Add a new proyect to my repository I get the following message:

Capture.PNG

Has anybody gotten the same issue before? Any ideas of what could I have missed?

Than you in advance for your help.

-- Karla

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've been doing some tests  to understand what could be causing this error. On my first test I tried to upload the content in github using tortoise svn (first adding the folder to my repository and then commit the content). And there was no issue:

Capture.PNG

On my second test, I removed the previous folder from my repository and created it again, but this time I left it empty. Then I add the folder to my repo and no warning or error messages appeared, next I tryed to commit the folder:

Capture.PNG

And I got the same error triggered by Qlik when I tried to use the built in Source Control option. It seems that the reason is that Git doesn't allow to add empty directories (contrary to svn). I'm not really sure how Qlik commit updates, but this behavior makes think that it tries to create the empty folder in the repository first and then try to commit the content.

So far, the best approach that I've found for this situation is commit the changes for the first time using tortoise and then keep using QlikView - Source Control option to update my changes.

Regards,

-- Karla

rusty_fox
Contributor
Contributor

We also had this issue and found that we had to add a comment with at least 10 characters before this would work.

We are using Subversion:

Software version1.3.1-1677.60
Subversion version1.6.15-1677.60

With Qlikview 11.2 SR8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your reply, I've tryed to add a project (adding the comment as you suggested) but this is error message that I got:

Captura.PNG

Best Regards,