Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to change text color of dimensions in dimension tab

Hi all,

I have a bar chart with two dimensions and I want the colors of the dimension labels to be different. I have tried putting in a color expression to the "Text Color" option under each of the dimensions in the dimension tab and this has had no effect. Changing the color in the Axes tab changes the color of all of the dimension text instead of one or the other. Can someone advise me on this? Finding it very peculiar that the "Text Color" field is appearing to have no effect.

Many thanks,

Geoff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From the Help :

Text Color

Double-click on Text Color in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the cell text color of the dimension cell.

The pertinent bit is dimension cell and in a bar chart there are no cells per se, so it has no effect.

Change your Chart Type to a Straight Table and then you will see your color expression changes the colour of the text in the dimension cell.

I do not think there is way of doing what you wish to do, except by frigging it by creating discrete text boxes and overlaying them - but I would not recommend frigging it like that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

From the Help :

Text Color

Double-click on Text Color in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the cell text color of the dimension cell.

The pertinent bit is dimension cell and in a bar chart there are no cells per se, so it has no effect.

Change your Chart Type to a Straight Table and then you will see your color expression changes the colour of the text in the dimension cell.

I do not think there is way of doing what you wish to do, except by frigging it by creating discrete text boxes and overlaying them - but I would not recommend frigging it like that.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much, Bill. This would explain why I could manipulate the dimension text color in a table and not in my bar chart. Seems like a reasonable thing to want to do with a bar chart so hopefully Qlik can address in a future release. Thanks, again!