Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_user30
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to do filter in Straight table

Hi,

I don't know why this is happening, but on selection of a value in a particular field in Straight table, that filter is not getting applied in the chart.

ex:

sales#  |  Sales Type |... (+ Around 30+ fields including Dimensions and Measures)

100       |  AAA  | ...

102       | BBB  | ....

If I select 'AAA' in the chart, the chart will still show 2 rows but with the green light indicator on 'Sales Type' will be on.

When I am looking into 'Current Selection Box', there also we can see, 'Sales Type' = 'AAA' selected.

What could be the reason for the same?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Yes, so it's probably expected behavior.

Example:

If you have the following as an expression:

sum({<Product={'Fruit'}>}Sales)

It will always show the sum of Sales where Product = Fruit regardless of what is actually selected in the Product field.

If you want it to take into account selections in the Product field other than Fruit, change the = to *=:

sum({<Product*={'Fruit'}>}Sales)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Is there set analysis in any of the measures?  If so, it could be ignoring selections.

new_user30
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah, there are Expressions where I have used set analysis.

But the chart works perfectly if I select  values in other Dimension fields which I haven't included in the set analysis.

Nicole-Smith

Yes, so it's probably expected behavior.

Example:

If you have the following as an expression:

sum({<Product={'Fruit'}>}Sales)

It will always show the sum of Sales where Product = Fruit regardless of what is actually selected in the Product field.

If you want it to take into account selections in the Product field other than Fruit, change the = to *=:

sum({<Product*={'Fruit'}>}Sales)

swapniltaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ,

Just check the definition of Measure inside chart and Table .

WHat i can see is that at Grpah level there is no aggregation thats why you are seeing two rows .

Sum( Sales ) and just Sales used in your expression in two different box(graph, chart)

new_user30
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yeah you are right, the field I am trying to show has already been used inside the set analysis which is probably causing the problem.
Thank you so much Nicole. Will try to resolve the problem now.