Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to export data to excel using macros by using button and challenge for toggling in QA access point with IE Plugin (for the user)

We have a report and published it to QA then user is accessing the report with IE Plug-in, he couldn't toggling between tabs (buttons), if he access the report without IE plug-in he couldn't export data to excel with our macro which is written below. (when he clicks on button no action is happening)

So the user is able to view the report without IE plug in and can do the toggling b/w tabs. but the report view is not appropriate.

Can you please let me know if any possibility is there for both to work.

As per my knowledge the macro won't work in Webview but still any chances are there, please let me know. thanks in advance.

Below code is working with IE Plugin mode but not working in Webview in desktop version

Sub Export_Excel()
Dim temp_sheet
Set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
   XLApp.Visible = TRUE
   Set XLDoc = XLApp.Workbooks.Add
   temp_sheet = "Sheet1"
  ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHxx").CopyTableToClipboard true
   XLDoc.Sheets(temp_sheet).Range("A" & 1).Select
   XLDoc.Sheets(temp_sheet).Paste
End Sub

Below code is working with IE Plugin mode but not working in Webview in desktop version

sub exportToExcel
Set o = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHxx")
o.ExportBiff path
Set o = nothing
msgbo:@"Export to " & path & " succeeded!")
end sub
sub sendToExcel
Call ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHxx").SendToExcel()
end sub

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

I suggest that the user reinstall the IE plugin. The macro will not work without the plugin.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, there are a lot of macros that not work in the webview, one of that is export to excel.

if you use ie plugin will be export but not using web browser

all of you user will be export? because you can install ie plugin only in the user that need to export and the others that not are allowed to export , don install and use web browser

good luck

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks for your reply..

But User is using Apple OS i,e mac...now how could we resolve the issue.

And please let me know that the toggling is not happening in our system with IE plug-in.

We have applied document chaining in dashboard, in which we have 5 buttons (5 different apps), when i click on a tab the corresponding application is not opening. nothing but toggling is not happening between tabs.

Please give me the solution for this situtation.

thanks in advance

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Could you provide an example?