Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to implement Gauge chart

Hello,

I am using Gauge chart for the first time and have gone through some of the weblinks and tutorials. But I am unable to pin-down what exactly I am doing wrong when I implement a scenaio.

Scenario is, I have many qlikview files in folders and its subsequent subfolders. I want to to show count of the files in three categories.

1) the size of which lies below 256 MB (In green)

2) FileSize >=256 MB and FileSize<=512MB (In Yellow)

3) FileSize > 512MB (Red)

(Here in my data-model I have two attributes, FileName and FileSize)

I am not sure how would I use the segment feature in presentation tab. Is it possible to implement it in Gauge chart?

PFA.

Thanks-

Abhishek

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

not really as a gauge, but with columns

edit: you may also use stacked bars in this graph

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response Peter!! But looks like that is not possible using Gauge.

Thanks-

Abhishek

prieper
Master II
Master II

typically a gauge has only one measurement - absolute figures or percentages - and only one pointer, i.e. you can measure only one dimension.

You may convert the graph into kind of Pie- or Donut-chart, keeping the ratio of small-middle-big.

Edit: attached an example

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Abhishek,

Gauge charts in QlikView are very useful to display when your measure lies within a threshold and outside a threshold value.

There are times when executives want to see visually their key measures and want to know at a glance whether values are falling within a acceptable value(green) or outside acceptable value (red).

I will show you how to create a simple gauge chart.

I will use Orders and Customer table to see that whether freight values for a Customer lie between the acceptable value or outside the acceptable value.

Below are the different chart with Dimensions

Bar, Block and Grid charts - max of 3 dimensions.

 Pie, Line and Scatter charts - max of 2 dimensions.

 Radar charts - 1 dimension

 Gauge charts - Zero Dimensions.

 A funnel chart typically has one to three dimensions. Further dimensions are ignored.