Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agsearle
Creator
Creator

Unable to open QV.exe

I have been using Qlikview for a number of years, and never had this problem before.

When I try to open a new or existing qv.exe, I get a few seconds of the egg timer, then nothing happens.

When I look at the task manager I can see the application is there, I just can't view it, and hence at the moment I can't use Qlikview at all!

Any idea's what's happened and how to fix it.

For information, there are 3 developers here, and we RDP onto our Qlikview server, and both my colleagues are not having any problems at all. I have tried using their PC's and I still get the same problem, and when they log on mine everything is fine as well.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm, is it possible that your application window has been positioned outside the actual screen?

Try starting QV, hitting Alt + Space and then M (for Move) and see if you can get the window to move in to the screen using the arrow keys. Seen this a few times with the expression boxes etc. but not the QV.exe itself though.

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Unfortunately it took so long for my post to appear, I managed to sort the issue myself thanks to support.

They directed me to this link which sorted the problem.

http://community.qlik.com/message/201563#201563

agsearle
Creator
Creator
Author

Although the thread mentioned does sort the problem, it doesn't stop it from occuring again.

The opening of QV seems to get slower and slower over the weeks until it no longer loads, and I have the delete the Settings.ini file mentioned in the linked above.

There is clearly still an issue, any ideas how to stop this?