Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to open my own qvw in personal edition

Hi all,

because I am new in Qlikview stuff I wanted to try it with the personal edition. I created a file, saved it and wanted to reopen it instantly after closing Qlikview. Now it tells me that I am not able to open it because it was created by a licenced version of Qlikview. This can not be true because there are no licences around here and no one can open it because I saved it locally.

I did not install Qlikview twice here and I didn't move any data of the install folder of QV.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any kind of help!

Regards,

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If there's a -prj directory where your document is save remove that -prj directory. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If there's a -prj directory where your document is save remove that -prj directory. It sometimes happens that Qlikview creates this directory for version control. With PE you can't use versioning. Removing this directory removes the version control for the document so it's possible to open the document again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Okay, I don't really get the point of this but QV created a folder which was [NameOfQVW] plus '-prj' which I just deleted and it works.

Funny thing... I don't get it.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, thank you, I got it now but I really do not get the point of this story...

Not applicable
Author

I have been developing with prj's for more than 8 month and it never had this issue.

but suddenly I get this issue also.

any workaround without deleting prj's? I do use them for version control.