Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole-Smith

Unexpected Exception Occurred in Webview and on Server

I'm running QV Version 11.20.12347.0 SR6 64-bit Edition, and I'm getting the "Unexpected Exception Occurred" error on both the Server and in Developer in Webview.  It happens randomly, but quite often, just from clicking around on the dashboard.  Anybody have any ideas?

11 Replies
Nicole-Smith
Author

I still don't completely understand what or why this happened, but here is what I did to fix it...

It seems like, somehow, my current selections box got "corrupted".  When making a selection on the server, the current selections box would get wider, and then I would get the error.  To fix it, I just deleted and recreated the current selections box.

I'd still be interested to hear more on this if anyone knows anything more on the subject...

Not applicable

Hi,

It happens in case of very large data sets though

Kiru

Nicole-Smith
Author

My data set is very small, so that couldn't have been the issue.

Not applicable

Hi,

Is there any complex expressions used in UI objects?

Nicole-Smith
Author

No.  Everything was simple and optimized.  I've created much more complex dashboards before.

As I've said, it had something to do with the current selections box, because deleting it and recreating it fixed the issue.  So I highly doubt it had anything to do with my data or other objects as it would still be broken if that was the case.  I'm moreso concerned about what would have caused the object to become corrupted so that I can watch out for that in the future.

nevets22
Contributor III
Contributor III

I labored over the same issue for the past week. It was driving me crazy. Came to this thread and in 2-minutes the problem was solved. Can't possibly thank you enough!

Not applicable

Same as Steven S, I had the issue and couldn't resolve until I came to the thread.  Thanks so much for sharing, Nicole.

marsman82
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Worked for me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Nicole,

It was really helpful for me.

The same solution worked deleting & recreating the current selections box solved the issue of "Unexpected exception".

Thanks & Regards,

Hitesh Wagh