Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Unexplained changes in PRJ folder

Hey All,

I use version control (Git) to track changes in the various applications I am working on. As well as externalising all the script in qvs files to track changes there, I am using the PRJ folder to track changes in the front end. Recently I've had one issue that I can't explain and I wonder whether anyone else has encountered the same and got to a root cause?

On two occasions when I have saved, QlikView has made changes to the xml files of the majority of my chart objects (about 70 out of 100) in my dashboard to add additional <int> tags to <ColWidths> under <TableProperties> without me having made changes to any of the affected objects.

For example ...

<TableProperties>

<ColWidths>

<int>213</int>

</ColWidths>

... becomes ...

<TableProperties>

<ColWidths>

<int>300</int>

<int>213</int>

</ColWidths>

The first time this happened I was in a rush and ignored it and a few saves/commits later they all reverted themselves to how they had been before, but it has happened again now.

Has anyone seen this before? Can anyone tell me what might be triggering it?

1 Reply
dominicmander
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Interestingly this seems to be reproducible to the extent that ...

• reverting all CH* xmls to their previous state (using git checkout file) and opening the QVW and saving again seems to re-apply the additional <int> tags.
  • reverting all CH* xmls to their previous state (using git checkout file) and deleting the QVW, and creating a new blank QVW with the same name as the PRJ folder and opening it (to rebuild the QVW from the PRJ folder) and saving again seems to re-apply the additional <int> tags.