Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update records dinamically from database's views

Hi everyone,

I've created a OLE DB connection with my db, and i want to use just some views that i've created for qlik desktop.

I've two question:

1) When my tables' data will be modified, my data into my app (from views created from theese) will be modified too? If not, how can i do to make it possible?

2) If I've created a connection to my database, how can i delete or modify it from qlik?

Thank you.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

up please

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Qlik products are not really made for real-time analysis of data. However, with some limitations you might get something very close to that.

Check the following threads:

Real-Time Data Processing

How to use Dynamic update action in QV 11

Accessing large data sets with Direct Discovery or pdf here

ahaahaaha
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Mauro,

1) If you change the data in your tables, there will not be an automatic change in QlikView application. To change the data in QlikView application, it is necessary to reload (partially load the changed data) from the changed tables into it. The download can be configured automatically after a certain period of time, either by means of the QlikView Server or by using a macro (if you are using Personal Edition version of QlikView). The reload interval should be less than or commensurate with the time of data change in the tables. For example, when constructing indicators of employee employment, we did an automatic reboot every three minutes. To control the receipt of money funds to the settlement account, an interval of 1 hour was used.

2) Connection to your DB through OLE DB in the script code takes one line. Changing or deleting this line, respectively, changes or deletes the connection of your QlikView application to your DB.

Regards,

Andrey

Not applicable
Author

thank you, but I've wrote wrong up there: i don't have a database, but only some free table (visual foxpro tables).

I'm connecting to them with a ole db connection.

your solutions are for qlik view, but i'm using qlik sense desktop. it's the same thing?

Not applicable
Author

thank you,

when you say "The download can be configured automatically after a certain period of time" how can i do this with qlik sense desktop?

i've seen my db connection (it's starts with LIB CONNECT TO ....), but i don't know how modify it to reload all data every hour.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You might have to go for extension then. Check this:

prieper
Master II
Master II

You may do with ordinary batch-files and WIN-scheduler or execute with QMC.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I've searched into Qlik Branch but i've not found any extension for dynamic update!

Not applicable
Author

i don't want to add "complexity" into this project.

i would give just an app with all sheet and dynamic update of tables, because people that will use it aren't so good and i need a monkey-proof solution