Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrading from 7.52 to 9

Hello, I have inherited Qlikview Enterprize for Windows Ver 7.52, and now may need to (probably should) upgrade the application to a supported level.

My questions:

1) should I jump straight to 9, or go to 8.5 first?

2) Will both run on Windows server 2003, or do I need to upgrade that as well?

3) what "gotchas" do I need to look out for with either path?

4) can I do this myself, our should I get help from the company?

Thanks,

Nora

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

My Views:

1. Preferably go to 8.5 first ( With 9, first do the testing on a dev server)

2. Will run fine on 2003

3. With 8.5, there are no Gotchas, With 9, the testing may be required to see if there is anything specific to your app, that may need some change

4. Should be able to do it yourself, (Hope you are referring to QlikTech by 'Company'

Also check that you have paid your AUS fees, otherwise the license might not work with upgraded version.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

My Views:

1. Preferably go to 8.5 first ( With 9, first do the testing on a dev server)

2. Will run fine on 2003

3. With 8.5, there are no Gotchas, With 9, the testing may be required to see if there is anything specific to your app, that may need some change

4. Should be able to do it yourself, (Hope you are referring to QlikTech by 'Company'

Also check that you have paid your AUS fees, otherwise the license might not work with upgraded version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1) About jumping straight to 9 ... I myself would go to 8.5 first before installing 9 ...

2) Windows Server 2003 will do

3) .. make sure to have a backup ... and first upgrade a test system before upgrading your live system (to be sure everything works fine).

4) Upgrading can be done by yourself (the software is available via download on the site), but it is recommendable to do this first on a testmachine or something. We did have problems with upgrading from 8.5 to 9.0 and it is always good to be sure your currently running Qlikview is still running if upgrading does not work.

When having problems with upgrading the test system you can always see to contact for help.

Good luck!

Anita