Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Urgently! Again a terrible bug! EXECUTE Command Failed

Bug again...

This morning I went to work, I found out that a huge part of the documents had been updated with an oshbika. All of which have the execution of external commands.

For the second time break down the settings for the file

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\settings.ini

Authorizing the Script EXECUTE Statement | Qlikview Cookbook

AllowExecuteCommand

I apply the screen. I had to slow down the service, again make changes and start the services.

When these clever men make normally working settings not in the configuration files that break, but in the normal interface?

Developers understand the criticality of these moments?

Also it is unclear why this file is constantly updated, almost every minute?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The reason most likely was found out. We purchased 11 version of the product, have since been updated to new versions including version 12. If you re-install the 12th version, then the license is not suitable. But if you first install version 11 and install 12 versions on top, then everything works. Therefore, some of the program modules were old. This is also a program error.

Most likely because of errors of incorrect updating which should not be, we began to test services failures as program modules were from different versions and worked incorrectly.

That is, we should not have been updated to version 12 since we have a key from 11. It turned out yesterday when communicating with support. About the upgrade bug from 11 to 12 version with the old key, I also told them.

Yesterday night, 11 versions were installed on the new server. While everything works.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

My settings.ini from the server is in a different place:

\\OurServer\Drive\QlikViewServer\ProgramData\QlikViewServer\

If there are several settings.ini they may conflict with eachother.

- Marcus

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

There are a lot of settings, I still have not found all the descriptions of the settings.

Whatever it was that I pointed out is responsible for the execution of external commands.

And this file sometimes breaks for unknown reasons.

I could write a snot that will slow down the service, open the file, change it, close it, start the service. But this is not right, the developer must make flexible stable settings, rather than heaps of configuration files, which not everyone even knows about.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Excellent. Only now I found out that because of yesterday's error a part of the repository was incorrectly updated, now I restore the backup and I will do anew update.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It happened again.

When will it be fixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing the same issue since upgrading to QV12. The Allowexecutecommand = 1 resets itself to 0 every few weeks. We are assuming that something is corrupting the settings file to reset it to factory settings. We are using windows audit logging now to try to see which process is accessing the file next time this happens.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Obviously, I already began to think that I was the only one ...

I think the more people will react to this the sooner they correct the mistake.

You could not make screenshots of the page about in the console in the system. There is a hypothesis that failures occur due to updates from version to version, some modules of the program for some reason belong to older versions.

I'd like to check it out. Your screen would help.

A couple of days ago I deleted everything related to QlikView all the folders everywhere, I cleaned the registry. I installed everything again, returned the distribution settings and rights for documents from this my topic https://community.qlik.com/thread/295157 and all modules in the system in the console in about became the same version, let's see how everything will work .

But this is only a hypothesis.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Show me what screen you are interested in seeing.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

!Снимок.JPG

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The reason most likely was found out. We purchased 11 version of the product, have since been updated to new versions including version 12. If you re-install the 12th version, then the license is not suitable. But if you first install version 11 and install 12 versions on top, then everything works. Therefore, some of the program modules were old. This is also a program error.

Most likely because of errors of incorrect updating which should not be, we began to test services failures as program modules were from different versions and worked incorrectly.

That is, we should not have been updated to version 12 since we have a key from 11. It turned out yesterday when communicating with support. About the upgrade bug from 11 to 12 version with the old key, I also told them.

Yesterday night, 11 versions were installed on the new server. While everything works.