Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
Highlighted
davidsimpson
Contributor

Use QlikView to create a survey

Hi all, has anyone ever used QlikView to create and analyse a survey? I have 150 users of a particular app and want to ask them a few questions (answer 1 to 5 or from a drop down box - no free text). I'd like to add the questions to the opening page and block them from moving on until they answer.

I just don't know if I can analyse these results or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David

Tags (2)
3 Replies
christophebrault
Valued Contributor

Re: Use QlikView to create a survey

Hi,

I've begin working on your project and I have a first step. Look at the shared file.

The tip is to use a variable to store answers and then create a table when reloading the document. You have to set manually your questions and all the answers.

You have to use a section access to identify the user or use OSUser() when adding to the variable.

The next step is to restrict user to choose only one answer to a question. Because at this moment, they can add lots of answers...

Tell me if this a begin of answer to your need...

davidsimpson
Contributor

Hi, yes, this is indeed a great start and at least gives me something to think about. Given that I expect the survey to be just a few questions with answers chosen from a list of possibles then I think I can build on this.

Many thanks.

christophebrault
Valued Contributor

Ok,

just ask if you need something else. it's amazing to work on this kind of features !