cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lain_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use String Seperated by Commas in Set Analysis

I want to something like this: Sum({$<policy={'one, two, three'}>} Value). Is there a way without doing anything in the script editor? And I want it to work if the string length is different too, let's say if it goes 'one, two, three, four, five, six, seven'.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Akhil_Reddy
Contributor III
Contributor III

axk6666_0-1594403110663.png

use subfield function on the field which your getting delimited comma field in script.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

Can you please elaborate?

lain_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Let's say policy has the string values 'one', 'two', and 'three'. I am getting the policy values as a comma delimited string: 'one, two, three'. I need set analysis to work where policy is matched to the values of this string. So with the set analysis of Sum({$<policy={'one, two'}>} value), I would get the sum of values grouped by where policy is equal to 'one' and 'two' but not 'three'. I want to be able to set analyses like Sum({$<policy={'one, three}>} value) and Sum({$<policy={three, two'}>} value), and Sum({$<policy={' two'}>} value) too. So I was thinking, I just needed to split the string I get 'one, two, three' into 'one', 'two', 'three' and feed it into the set analysis but I don't know how. And this can't be done in the load script because the string size changes.

Akhil_Reddy
Contributor III
Contributor III

axk6666_0-1594403110663.png

use subfield function on the field which your getting delimited comma field in script.