Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
Can anyone tell me any scenario where we use join and where we use forced and automatic concatenation.
There some points for the JOINs, Concatenation.
1. Where you have table with unique key fields in the table you can use Joins (Left,Right,Inner,Outer,Join).
2. Concatenation used where you have many fields same in two or more tables then you use concatenation with flag fields in the table.
3. If one or more table has same field structure than you get automatic concatenation and if you use concatenation it is forced concatenation.
View solution in original post
1. When You have Two table with Unique Field
So by Using the Concept of Primary Key and Foreign key
You can Used JOINS
(Left , Right , Inner , Cross)
2. Concatenation will be Automatically called
When we have TWO Tables and all the fields of Both the Table are present with Same Name
Thanks for the help.
If possible, Please give an example for each.
Thanks read some of this with attachments take a time to learn about all this docs.
Different Join Functions in Qlikview
Some Qlikview Joins best documents