Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use of MACRO in Qlikview....

Hi All,

Writing or using Macro in qlikview application is usefull sometimes as per client requirement.

But is using macro a good thing in qlikview and also when you are working on very large data size. ????????

Is it better to avoid using macro ???? what is qlikview recomendation ?????

Please i know its very silly question but i m bit confused and screwd totallyyy ... please suggest

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

My experience has been that QlikTech trys to discourage the use of Macros (the "Trigger" actions are the "better" alternative. However I use them everywhere. Sometimes a bit slow. I would recommend the trigger actions when there is a functional equivalent.

If anyone has any info on where QlikTech is going with macros I would love to hear it (e.g. are there plans to phase them out?)

-Isaiah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

My experience has been that QlikTech trys to discourage the use of Macros (the "Trigger" actions are the "better" alternative. However I use them everywhere. Sometimes a bit slow. I would recommend the trigger actions when there is a functional equivalent.

If anyone has any info on where QlikTech is going with macros I would love to hear it (e.g. are there plans to phase them out?)

-Isaiah

Not applicable
Author

HI Isaiah,

Yes me too dont use much of macro for the same performance issue. BUt i think many problems can be solved without Macro's , using Triggers !!

Stilll looking for some official data / COmment from seniors or qliktech on this.