Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Group In scatter chart

Hi,

I have a scatter chart with Group Drill Down dimension, In This group ther are two fields One is Country another one is State. My requirement is when I drill down to the State level for a specific Country, I need a bubble for this specific countries value along with the state wise value. That means I need in same position I want to see the State level data and also the Total for all state.

Thanking you.

Regards

Anup Kumar Patra

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

Scatter-charts are limited in some ways and I'm not sure if it's possible want you want - but have a look here: Recipe for a Scatter Chart.

Maybe you could use conditions - by query the current group-field and/or selections per getcurrentfield() or getfieldselections() - on dimensions/expressions or using two ore more chart-objects with different visibilities to reach a similar or maybe better solution.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Using groups in a scatter charts is certainly possible, but showing total for the country together with states is a different matter.

The question is - what's the value of this sort of presentation?  The country will be all the way to the right and top, hence making states' bubbles crumped into the bottom left corner.  Not a nice picture.  I'd rather have a total for the selected country separately - in the chart caption or maybe a textbox.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You Marcus for your reply. Is there any way to show the total value in scatter.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael. In my data set the hierarchy is different. For a better understanding I am just giving a example. Is there any way to show the total value in scatter? I mean to say Is there any way to show the bubble for the total which  will show the total value for the current dimension.

marcus_sommer

I think it won't be possible directly. What I do to connect the bubbles to the total average and target figures and similar is to use position lines and free text boxes from the tab presentation (bottom right). If this don't match your requirements then you will need the suggestions from the replies above with conditions and/or several objects maybe as grid container.

- Marcus