cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Named Users and Section Access

Hello,

Is it possible to use both Named Users and document script Section Access together? I would like to supply a sort of "override" group in the DMS authorization in the QMC that would see the equivalent of a wildcard in the SA.

And then I still want to have the ability to limited initial content filtered by usernames in the section access.

Does that make sense or do I need to explain further?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The answer to your first question is "Yes, that's how they are used together all the time".

But then you offer a minimal explanation of something you "want" to do, and that may require some more details.

Keep in mind that Section Access is an absolute monarch when access rights and reduction are concerned. No-one can override Section Access or tell it to do access control differently for some special situations, except Section Access itself. If you want to grant access to everything to members of a specific group, then add the group to section access with wildcard-like specifications for data access.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The answer to your first question is "Yes, that's how they are used together all the time".

But then you offer a minimal explanation of something you "want" to do, and that may require some more details.

Keep in mind that Section Access is an absolute monarch when access rights and reduction are concerned. No-one can override Section Access or tell it to do access control differently for some special situations, except Section Access itself. If you want to grant access to everything to members of a specific group, then add the group to section access with wildcard-like specifications for data access.