Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattydolan
Contributor
Contributor

Using PRJ Deletes Module with Password - BUG?

I potentially have found a bug - but hopefully there's a fix out there- running: QV12.10.20 SR7

I'm doing development using a source control and need to use the -prj folders which store the dashboard as .xml files. 

I recently added a password to the VBScript Module however when it saves the Module to the -prj folder it seems to move the code from "Module.txt" into "DocBinary.dat" (which is where the HiddenScript is stored as well it seems).

The problem is that it retains a blank Module.txt file. So that when the document is re-opened it loads the Module from the blank module.txt. Then once you save it, it removes the module from "DocBinary.dat".

I can save it to the prj, manually delete the Module.txt before opening it again and then open the document. I get an error saying not everything is loaded but I'm then able to access the module with the password. 

Anyone know anything about this? 🙂

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

You could try it with a newer release of QV maybe on a separate test-machine. If the issue remained I suggest you report it as a bug and I could imagine that it might be not too difficult for Qlik to fix it just by adjusting the order in which the prj-files are loaded again.

As an alternatively you could consider to remove the password-protection of the module and to outsource the code with an approach like suggested here from Rob: Include-external-module-macro-code.

- Marcus