Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard_cioci
Creator
Creator

Using a secondary automatic dashboard to check items being left out by Section Access?

Hi Everyone,

I have several dashboards that require section access but are also quite dynamic in the data that comes across from our sources, including changes to fields upon which SA is based. While I am often prepared for these changes and make the required updates to the SA configuration in terms of what users can see what filtered items, I am aware that an asterisk for permission in a specific SA field means that only the items which have been explicitly stated in the SA document/configuration will be displayed.

As a result, if an SA field happens to change an include a new item which is not explicitly included in the SA config, this item will not appear in the reloaded dashboard. My concern is that over time I may lose some data without realizing it.

Does anyone have an easy, quick, or manageable system to detect these missing items? I have been considering building a dashboard that will have this sole purpose, by loading the SA data fields without SA from the original source and then comparing them to the same field within the document restricted by SA (but with an asterisk permission) to highlight and alert to any missing items in a field, meaning that no one can see it, not even the admin. Before I start down this path, I was wondering if anyone already had their own tool or system or suggestion before I start.

Please don't tell me to create a new version of every dashboard without SA and manually compare it, this is cumbersome and time wasting, looking to try to do it automatically for many dashboards using just one dashboard tool.

Cheers,

Richard Cioci

1 Reply
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I don't have a system for that, but do have a suggestion. Concatenate load a dummy user to your section access table with a distinct load of all SA fields from your data. This will ensure that always all values are listed in the SA table and those users with a star can see them.