Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using triggers to select data in Alternate States

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I am currently trying to select a data from the default state.

Eg DepartureDate 30/12/2015 and with this date find out what the Last last year comparison date is.

These last year comparison dates are set by the business and look as follows:

Capture.PNG

Once I have found the last last year comparison date in the default state I then want to use this date eg 30/12/2013 and use this for my departuredate in the alternate state I have called "alt" to fidn the sum(rev) for 30/12/2013. LLY_COM means last last year comparison date

Capture2.PNG

To do this i have added the following triggers:

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNG

The string search has the following expression

='=LLY_COM=Aggr(NODISTINCT Only(total {<DepartureDate=P($::LLY_COM)>} LLY_COM), DepartureDate)'

Capture7.PNG

The issue is that when I use the above trigger in the alternate state it doesn't select just one DepartureDate it selects them all...

Capture9.PNG

Can someone please help, I think maybe the following expression is not the correct one:

='=LLY_COM=Aggr(NODISTINCT Only(total {<DepartureDate=P($::LLY_COM)>} LLY_COM), DepartureDate)'

although this whole method worked for LY_COM so using the last year comparison date......just not for last last year.

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried using this may be?

='(' & Concat({$} Chr(34) & LLY_COM & Chr(34),  '|') & ')'

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I have placed that here:

Capture11.PNG

and tried it like this also but still not working....

Capture12.PNG

Capture13.PNG

sunny_talwar

You don't need to add this -> =LLY_COM='(' & Concat({$} Chr(34) & LLY_COM & Chr(34),  '|') & ')'

Just use this search string -> ='(' & Concat({$} Chr(34) & LLY_COM & Chr(34),  '|') & ')'

Not applicable
Author

Ye i did that but still not working, am I using the right state?

Capture21.PNG

Capture22.PNG

sunny_talwar

Looks right, not sure what isn't right. Can you share a sample?

Not applicable
Author

How do I add a qvw?

sunny_talwar

Step 1:

Capture.PNG

Step 2:

Capture.PNG