Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VB script : Qlikview to run in background

Hi Team,

I am running a vbscript which opens a qlik document and generates a PDF report.

All i want is how to run this process in background. I don't want user to see that Qlik opening and closing.

How to modify script to run this process in background?

Thanks

Khushboo

7 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

What do you mean? if you run a vbscript which is ok if you do it on a desktop installation and then generate PDF's. How will this affect Your users? I mean you can not do this on serverside (AccessPoint).

One way is to use Windows scheduler With a .bat file that includes parameters to open a qvw and a trigger that run Your vbscript. Can you elaborate this a little bit more.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Staffan,

I am externally running this script.

This is opening qlik document and generating a PDF and saving this PDF in a specific location.

Now when i do this i can see Qlikview opening. However i do not want this. I want that nobody should be able to see that this PDF is generated through qlik. Qlik should run in background.

Thanks

Khushboo

marcus_sommer

Maybe this is helpful: Re: Suppressing the Print Progress dialog.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus,

In our case, we will be having another website hosted on IIS, from where we will be triggering QV VBS for generating PDF.

In that case also, the link which you have provided will work...?

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

do you have Publisher, if so, you can create and schedule task who runs bat file inside qmc

marcus_sommer

In my case the printing-progress is visible if I going per remote on the server but it didn't get the focus.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

We cant use scheduler as it is direct discovery.