Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor

Valid Email Addresses

Hi, 

I am trying to check for valid and invalid email addresses in my data, please see formula done below.

I am however still getting data data should not be in the valid field.

If(Len(IDNumber) <> 13 Or Right(IDNumber, 7) = '0000000' Or Right (IDNumber, '/') Or Right (IDNumber, 'NPO' Or Right(IDNumber, '()')), 'Invalid', 'Valid') as [IDnumber Valid],

Sample Data:

0000/00/00000

NPO/000/0000

0000/00/000(00)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If this resolved, Please close this thread.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry not email address, ID numbers.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

expected result?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I would like to see what is a valid ID number  and what not.

arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III

I am not sure if you have used the right() function in the correct way. 

Can you post the logic you need and some sample data?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you think this condition, Correct. For me it is quite wrong. As per your logic, Output will come like

Sample Data:

0000/00/00000 -------------> Len(IDNumber) <> 13 Or Right(IDNumber, 7) = '0000000' --------> True first part, Hence it will return 'Invalid'

NPO/000/0000 -----------> True --> Because, It is not the 13 Length --> Should return "Invalid"

0000/00/000(00) ---> true --> Because, It is not the 13 Length --> Should return "Invalid"

Below part is wrong for me. Can you explain what you are trying using these condition here?

Right (IDNumber, '/') Or Right (IDNumber, 'NPO' Or Right(IDNumber, '()'))

mcoetzee
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sample Data

I would like to check in my data, which of the ID numbers are qualifying as a valid ID number, but i have special characters in of which when checking they are not a valid ID number.

ID NumberLenReason
810607500600013Valid
810607500611113Valid
811117500600013Valid
811(17500600013Invalid
811(175NPO10Invalid
8111175//00012Invalid
0///4Invalid
20016/0111/1113Invalid
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

If(Len([ID Number])=13 and not FindOneOf([ID Number], '!@#$%^&*()/\_+-={}[]:;"''<>,./?~`'), 'Valid', 'Not valid')

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If this resolved, Please close this thread.