Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Variable defined in script not working

hi, i want to get this variable to work in my Expression, but it is not working

i defined in the script the variable like this

SET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth=chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39);

and after running the script, i see in the Variable Overview under Settings that the variable is shown as:

chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(KUNDE_ZEITSTEMPEL),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39) , which is not working in my Expression.

It works when i manually add the " = " sign infront of it in the variable overview. However i cannot get to create the complete variable expression in the script.

I also created this in the script,

SET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth='=chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39)';

but in the varibale overview appears as:

'=chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39)'

and it is also not working. Any idea why not?  (i tried with chr(61) too, same result)

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you just want to add the equal sign:

SET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth= =chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39);

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried using LET?

LET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth=chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39);

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

How you using in the expression?

You Tried

$()

$(=)

Mark

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes, did not work

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

yes, it did not work

marcus_sommer

I use quite often double-quotes around variable-definitions like:

SET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth="=chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39)";

Also the suggestion from Mark to use $-sign expansion is often helpful: The Magic of Dollar Expansions

However much easier are pure numeric values to handle. In this case maybe with a additionally field MonthCounter - Re: Howto make a variable to calculate quarters regarding year changes? - which is associated to [customer_timestamp] and then to use:

set var = "max(MonthCounter)-1";

which avoids the whole formatting-stuff.

- Marcus

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HAve you just tried

Set vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth = date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')

As you seem to be adding the actual ' symbol in?

Or maybe purgechar(vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth,'chr(39)') in a text box and see if that is the right result?

Mark

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks, i am trying this

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you just want to add the equal sign:

SET vL.CustomerTimestampPrevMonth= =chr(39)&date(addmonths(date#(GetFieldSelections(customer_timestamp),'YYYY/MM'),-1),'YYYY/MM')&chr(39);

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

it is right like this, thks