Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Variable

In my QV document I want to get rid off variables which I donot need anymore.

I remove the variables using Setting/Variable Overview. I store the document.

I open the document again (no reload, nothing else) and the variables are there again.

I check include files, I have no XML path etc. no definition of these variables nowhere.

How can I get definitely get rid off these variables?

I tested with 11.20 IR and SR5

8 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

I have SR6; when i remove vars and save the Qlik doc, if I reopen (no reload) the doc I don't find the vars

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Did you save your application after you delete variables?

May be variables defined in back-end script.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

are you sure that you clicked ok on the variables dialog box? because if you removed them and then clicked cancel or closed it your changes will not be reflected, you need to save your document after that as well.

Yousef Amarneh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem arises with a couple of variables, while other variables disappear as desired.

So even if I  try to delete the variable in Script by null them "Let vVar = null()", it is still there.

And furthermore; I use DocumentAnalyzer 2.1 from Rob (great tool) and  there the variables are

not shown!!!???

So where does Qlikview gets the variables which won't be deleted or re-exist after opening again.

I tried to close QV, I rebooted PC, same result, variables exists again

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Rather than trying 'Let vVar=null();' , I would just remove that entire 'Let ....' statement itself and reload.

Yousef_Amarneh
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It seems like a bug, maybe you need to uninstall and re-install qlikview again, or send report a bug for Qlik.

Yousef Amarneh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

there is no LET statement of the variable which appear from nowhere! I just defined he let statement to test if the variable is gone after it (like all other variables whochhad been nulled).

I already tried everything. I removed the variables, reloaded and still the variables do not show up.

I store, close and open again and there they are, my variables which I removed!

Crazy?

I will keep my variables then even if I donot need them any longer. but I wasted enough time on this problem

stantrolav
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Here is my script that dont creates variables in Application after script ends. Try it in your case.

Now = Now();

ReloadTime = ReloadTime();

DocumentPath = DocumentPath();

DocumentTitle = DocumentTitle();

LOAD * INLINE [

AppPath, AppReloadTime, AppDocumentPath, AppDocumentName

$(QvWorkPath), $(Now), $(ReloadTime), $(DocumentPath), $(DocumentTitle)];

Now = Null();

ReloadTime = Null();

DocumentPath = Null();

DocumentTitle = Null();