Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variables window opens really slow

Hello,

I have a problem openning variables (ctrl+alt+v) in qlikview desktop.

When I press ctrl+alt+v it takes sometimes around 10 minutes to open the windows with all variables.

What can couse this problem?

Thank You!

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

can you please refer the below URL i am sure it will help you to fix up your issue

http://semanticommunity.info/@api/deki/files/24990/QlikView_Reference_Manual.pdf

Thanks

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

how many variables do you have? or Are you having currently updating variables like Current time(Now()) or something?

Rgds,

Dinu1

hariprasadqv
Creator III
Creator III

In addition to Tharindu view, your resources availability also impact on that.

Not applicable
Author

Im not using variables like Current time(Now()), we have around 60-70 variables.

The server have 32gb RAM and Intel Xeon e5-2650 v2 @ 2.60ghz with 4 cores

dinuwanbr
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

May be that's the reason. Your variable volume is bit high. do those variables carrying any set analysis values or values based on current selection?

Rgds,

Dinu1

Not applicable
Author

Yes I am using both set analysis and current selections, but interesting here is that sometimes, variables window is opening really fast and after closing it and reopen, without changing any selection or anything else, second open is again slow.

What is heppening when I press ctrl+alt+v, does it re calculate all variables? And why when I open variables thru Setting -> Document Properties -> Variables , the tab opens fast. I can just use this way to change my variables and not using ctrl+alt+v