Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Vlookup type functionality

I have a table which looks like the following:

Weight From

Weight

To

Dollar
04$20.38
46$20.38
610$21.48
1012$24.16
1215$26.77
1519$29.29
1920$31.82
2024$34.36
2430$36.87
3035+$38.42

I am taking weight as an input from the user. Now, I want a textbox, that should be able to tell what dollar value applies to that weight (selected by the user).

Would appreciate your help

Thanks,

~H

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

I got to thinking you may have users want to put decimals in for the weight, so here is an updated file with a round() function on the variable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
thomas_skariah
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Please find the attached application.

Regards,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

PFA

Hope itz wat u want......

hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply. But actually I wanted more functionality from that QV. The user can give any values in between the ranges (From & To), and he should be getting the dollar amount associated with the entry. For example, if the user enters 17, he should get the dollar value of $29.29.

Really appreciate your help man.

Regards,

~H

hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response. But I am not trying here to sum up the dollar value. I want the user to plug in any weight, and my QV should provide the dollar amount associated with that weight. Now the weight can equal the 'Weight From' value or be in between 'Weight From' and 'Weight To' values. In either case, my QV should be able to provide the Dollar amount.

Example1: User enters weight=6, QV should provide $21.48

Example2: User enters weight=17, QV should provide $29.29

Appreciate your help

Regards,

~H

Not applicable

Take a look at the attached sheet.  I used intervalmatch to load weights up to 500 (you can adjust the max) and then a variable for the user to input a weight.

Not applicable

I got to thinking you may have users want to put decimals in for the weight, so here is an updated file with a round() function on the variable.

hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Rebeccad, That was super helpful !

Now I need to understand all those crazy commands that you used

Not applicable

No problem - let me know if you have any questions.