cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

WHERE NOT EXISTS work not correctly

1) There are several QVD files from one structure.

2) It is necessary to download all the files through the '*.qvd (qvd)' because the file becomes larger with different names.

3) It is necessary to download everything but without 'C'.

Examples of the attachment

Example 'LOAD ALL' load all. OK.

Example 'LOAD EXISTS' load only listed with 'A' and 'B'. OK.

Example 'LOAD NOT EXISTS' load everything but without 'C'. ??? Who knows what's going on? 😃

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not exists seems to be working fine. What is your expected out put?

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

You are joking? 😃

Obviously must be load all values without  'C' but was be loaded not all values off A and B.

Load only first rows A and B.

Please look QVD files or second and first example, look number of rows and values of A and B...

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you looking for

t:

NoConcatenate

LOAD * INLINE [

'GroupFilter'

'C'

];

t0:

LOAD * FROM *.qvd (qvd) WHERE NOT EXISTS (GroupFilter,Group);

swuehl
MVP
MVP

As soon as the first value e.g. of Group 'A' is loaded from T1.qvd, it does exist in the symbol table...

tresesco
MVP
MVP

I am certainly not joking. Exists works like that. It just checks if the value is loaded so far. That is, is value 'A' is read in the first record, it would not load from subsequent rows, because it is already loaded (or, exists). It is kind of distinct load for a field value.

Hope this helps.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry. Now I understand.

Anonymous
Not applicable

try where not match() vs where not exist()

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

To get your intended behavior, what I typically do is load an extra copy of whatever the field is. So in this case, I would load an [Exclude Group] field. Then I'd load where not exists([Exclude Group],[Group]). Then I'd drop the extra field I'd created.

Edit: Which is to say I'd do it just like Stephan said. Never mind!

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

That works, at least if the list is small (as it is here), but it also breaks the optimized QVD load, so it will go much more slowly if these are large QVDs.