Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GauravSS04
Contributor II
Contributor II

Waterfall Chart in Qlikview

Capture.JPG

In this example, first bar shows the total headcount and rest of them are like leavers, late entry, others, transfer out which I would like to show the bar's reducing as employee count reduces from previous month (refer first bar). However, when it comes to Joiners the bar should move up and after the other addition or subtraction (eg. Joiners, Leavers, conversion etc) it should be in the level of Actual headcount.

I used simple expression in Bar Offset as Sum([HC Previous Month])-Sum([Leavers])-Sum([Late Entry OUT]) and so on. Also for joiners I tried adding/subtracting them but still don't get the accurate chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, from your post I suppose that you are using an expression for each of the basrs. In this case note that the offset for [Late Entry Leavers] and [Joiners] should be the same. (one is supposed to substract from total and the other adds, but both bars should start at bottom of [Late Entry Leavers] because positive bars are painted from botttom to top.

[Late Entry Joiners] should add [Joiners] instead of substract them: Sum([HC Previous Month])-Sum([Leavers])-Sum([Late Entry OUT])+Sum([Joiners])

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jacek
Educator-Ambassador
Educator-Ambassador

Please provide sample data
rubenmarin

Hi, from your post I suppose that you are using an expression for each of the basrs. In this case note that the offset for [Late Entry Leavers] and [Joiners] should be the same. (one is supposed to substract from total and the other adds, but both bars should start at bottom of [Late Entry Leavers] because positive bars are painted from botttom to top.

[Late Entry Joiners] should add [Joiners] instead of substract them: Sum([HC Previous Month])-Sum([Leavers])-Sum([Late Entry OUT])+Sum([Joiners])
GauravSS04
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot for your help...