Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Web Access

I have some files hosted on the qlikview server say 10 files.

and I have few users to access them. How can I provide the access to the files. So that users should not see the file which they dont have the access. Also please consider it may possible few users have permissions to access all the files and some may have few and some may have none.

Thanks,

Atul

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Why can't you use Section Access in your application. This will prevent unauthenticated users from accessing the application.
Not applicable
Author

i suppose it depends on a) the type of network you are on, and b) what type of qlikview server you have

also when you say web access do tyou mean internally or on the internet ?

either way some sugestions are....

if you on an internal network you can use windows file security to say who can see what (this is sup[ported in qlikview server) and when you go to the new landing page provided with server version 9 the users can only see what they have NTFS file permissions to see.

alternativley in qlikview server you can add specific user names to restric access to documents.

if you are not in the senarios outlined above then i could sugest data reduction using inline tables (or spread sheets etc). while this would not stop them seeing the actual documents it wouldnt show the users any data or tabs (or a slected tab, maybe one saying access denied or something) on the documents they shouldnt be openeing.

hope this makes sense.

cheers

Chris

Not applicable
Author

Yes very true.. I can use Section Access But It will ask the password from the user each time when he or she will try to open the file.

It will be good to have one password prompt for accessing the files for which he has access to them. I am using the web server for internal use only.

@Baggaley Can you explain how to use windows file security for this purpose.

Not applicable
Author

Well in Qlikview server 9 (we've got the community server but this base functionaly is the same accross the range i belive), i go to the Qlikview Management Console, then server stting and then to the Security Tab. in here select the NTFS Authorisation Method. The qlikview web server will then only show the documents on the landing page to the users who have windows Read access or greater to that file.