Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Hi,

I'm applying section access then distribute by Publisher.

When i open in desktop, everything seems to work, the reduction is ok.

But when i distributed by publisher, i still have the right security applied, BUT, when i look into the name of my section access data, instead of my NT ID, i have the service account ID, which is used to distribute the qvw.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug? or work-as-design?

To make thing right, i had to created anoter QVW just to put a command line in it to copy the qvw from source folder to the access point folder.

Thanks,

7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Hi all,

I meet the same issue and any idea how to fix it?

Thanks

Not applicable

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Hi There,

My workaround is don't distribute by publisher.

I have 2 QVWs, the first one is the dashboard itself, so i used publisher to reload.

then the final one is to manually copy this qvw to the Access Point folder with this line -

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C "copy "<source file>" "<destination>" /Y";

Hope this helps.

Not applicable

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher


Thanks Nick.

Do you know if it is a bug and could you advise the version of QV you are using?

I find that the security work on 11.20.11922.0 but not work on 11.20.12018.0.

Not applicable

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Someone did check with QT, and it's stated as work-as-design.

you mean the section access work only on 11922?

i'm not aware of this and didn't see it when i was upgrading.

jldengra
Contributor

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Thank you, Nick, for your approach creating a second document to copy the file.

It works!

It's been crazy these last few days trying to find out a solution by changing the section access, dividing in two tasks for reload and distribution, distributing to a folder and to a QV server, and the result was always the same: the section access was limited to the service account granting its permissions to all the users.

Sadly, it still misfunctions in QlikView Server 11.20 SR4, namely 11.20.12129.0

Partner
Partner

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Hi nicksatch,

I have encountered a similar issue and found a solution.

My script is the following:

Star is *;
Section Access;

SECTION_ACCESS:
LOAD
ACCESS,
upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
SEC_FIELD
FROM $(vSectionAccess);

Section Application;

SHEET_SECURITY:
LOAD
UPPER(USERS) as NTNAME,
SH_PRIVATE as %SH_PRIVATE,
SH_COMMON as %SH_COMMON    
FROM
[Sheet Access.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, header is 1 lines, table is Sheet1);

In the section access table there is the Service Account specified with full access (*).

However, if I specify the service account in the Sheet_Security table, then the Publisher will reduce this table on the service account name.

So I have just removed the service account from the Sheet_Security table and it works without issue.

I hope this helps.

Not applicable

Re: Weird issue - Section access then distribute by publisher

Thanks Robert - your solution works for me!