Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III

What state are field event triggers polling?

I have about 10 alternate states in my application that I use for various purposes. Since I make different selections to the same field in multiple states pretty regularly, I'm wondering, when it comes to Field Event triggers which state gets checked?  I've tested this a bit and get mixed results:

I have a field called data_year which exists in a state named Global. Setting an OnSelect trigger on data_year through the document properties dialogue seems to fire off as expected; when I make a selection in my data_year list box in the Global state, the trigger fires and the actions are performed.

However I have several other triggers that are set up the same way that do not work as expected. It's as if the selection for the OnSelect  trigger is not being detected. This seems to happen at random. Some of the fields I've tested have selections in the default state, and some exist in other alternate states.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Based on the tests I've run, it appears field event triggers fire when a change is made in any state. My tests were mainly conducted with OnSelect and OnChange field event triggers. I did not test OnLock or OnUnlock.

I was able to work around this by altering my design plan for my application, but it seems like Qlik should allow users to select which state you are polling for changes. It is also important to note that triggers will not cascade, i.e. a trigger will not cause another trigger to fire downstream.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
laujerry
Creator
Creator

Hi Brian,

Do u get an answer yet?

I am checking for sth similar

Thanks

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Based on the tests I've run, it appears field event triggers fire when a change is made in any state. My tests were mainly conducted with OnSelect and OnChange field event triggers. I did not test OnLock or OnUnlock.

I was able to work around this by altering my design plan for my application, but it seems like Qlik should allow users to select which state you are polling for changes. It is also important to note that triggers will not cascade, i.e. a trigger will not cause another trigger to fire downstream.

laujerry
Creator
Creator

thanks, i am still using 11.2 sr5

but seem not hearing that such new feature of which event triggers with specified states is available in newer release

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'm currently using v12.0.2 and the feature is still not available. I'll see if there's something new in SR4 and get back to you.

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't see anything in v12 SR4 either.