Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I would like to know on what scenarios should we go for direct discovery and on what cases should we avoid hybrid connection.
Data volume might not cross 20GB uncompressed. 20 to 30 tables altogether.
Which would be better on this scenario. In memory approach or Direct discovery?
Thanks in advance..
Go to Solution.
Depends from the business requirements and data granularity in the data model.
here is the pros and cons of direct discovery
• Can be used to build aggregated charts on homogeneous large data sets
• Can be used to look at detail records in a table box on large data sets
• Can reflect updated records without reloads (not new records)
• Can support more than one Direct Discovery table in certain scenarios
• Not as fast as in memory apps
• Will always be slower compared to SQL query run times on source due to associative
model calculation times
• Not a solution for scalability/performance issues in the underlying source
• Not designed to convert all tables in apps into Direct Discovery mode
• Not a real time solution
View solution in original post