Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewToQV
Contributor III
Contributor III

When user clicks button show message

Good afternoon,

I have a dashboard where some pages take quite some time to load. I want to have a message box pop up that will notify the user that it may take a few seconds to load. Even better, have a prompt of some sort that populates while everything is loading, then disappears when finished. I know there is a small native loading circle, i just need something large and in your face to notify the user. Thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.

2 Replies
NewToQV
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've tried creating a msgbox and running the macro when the user clicks a button however it will not work viewing the dash through the access point. Any other suggestions? I just need a message to populate when the user clicks a set of particular buttons. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I could think would be to try using a text object that has a conditional show based upon a variable value that gets changed when they click the button, but I am not sure how to reset the variable to hide things post completion of the calculation! 🙂  Maybe this will get you on a track that might work though.  As you have seen things do not always work with Ajax either, be sure you check Help, as the engineers have noted the actions and triggers that are not supported in Ajax, so that should keep you from doing something bad there.  Hopefully this may help a little.  I would definitely try to stick within the actions though and steer clear of macro if you can as the macro will force a single thread condition which may mess with your calculation etc.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.