Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Where are the qvw log-files written when reloading on publisher R12 sr3

Hi,

I've installed QlikView server r12 sr3. But when we reload a task on the Publisher server. The qvw log file is temporary written under another folder.

Can anyone tell me the folder,

And is it possible to change this setting? Our developers want to track the contents of the log file, in case a task takes lot of time.

In the release notes of SR5 I read:

QDS log file optimization

The engine optimization included in QlikView 12 SR5 makes the DistributeDocumentLogTimeoutSeconds QDS configuration option obsolete. Once you upgrade to SR5, the log file is written locally and then copied to the remote folder. If included, the configuration option is now ignored.

But is this also for SR3?

Regards,

Gino

2 Replies
gino_scheppers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

In the meantime I found the solution in the Release Notes QlikView 12 SR1.

Local script logging can be controlled using the LocalScriptLogging= and the ScriptLogFolder=

parameters. These parameters can be added to the settings.ini file located by default in

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch. If these

parameters are not included in the settings.ini file, local script logging is enabled.

By default, logs are written locally to C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch before the are moved to

SriptLogFolder= parameter can be defined to set the folder logs are written to. You can also disable

local script logging by setting LocalScriptLogging= to 0. With this setting disabled, logs are written

two parameter and setting LocalScriptLogging= to 1 and leaving ScriptLogFolder= empty.

Regards

jrepucci15
Creator
Creator

Gino,

Did you find a solution for the .qvw logs when reloading via the QV IDE?

See the discussion I started.

12.1 SR2 log files not being generated