Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III

Why are Session or Usage CALs mandatory for checking out a SVN repository with Qlikview directly?

Hello everybody,

I want to know why it is mandatory to have Session or Usage CALs for checking out a SVN repository with Qlikview directly? 

I can access the repository with the native TortoiseSVN client without any problems, but if I want to use the SVN integration via Qlikview Desktop GUI an error message is displayed. The message says that there are no free Session or Usage CALs available (which is correct).  From my point of view these kind of CALs are not necessary because it is only my local qlikview client that connects to the SVN repository or not?

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Christopher

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Check 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Source_Control....

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003779

I don't see the need for those specific license, I do see a need for a Named CAL though. Is the QlikView Desktop leasing a license from a server or locally licensed to the account you are using?

derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel,

the Named User CALs are leased from our local server.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Christopher, the only thing coming to mind in your case is something screwed up in the Settings.ini file, any chance you can try renaming the existing one and let the Desktop client recreate a new one to see if the issue persists?  

If you can do this, you should find the Settings.ini in the following path:

C:\Users\User Profile Name\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

Hopefully this may clear the problem.  If you cannot figure out what it was, if you can attach the old and new, I can have a look at the deltas and see if something stands out there, only thing of which I can think.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.