Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why does QlikView remember selections between sessions in the browser client?

Hey guys. So it seems that when I open up a QV document through my browser, it remembers the selections I made during my last session. This confuses my users. Is there a way to set the dashboard to revert to the default selections every time you open the dashboard?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That sounds like you want to disable session recovery. In QV11 you can uncheck the option Allow Session Recovery on the Documents tab in the QMC (System > Setup > Management Service > QlikView Servers > your_server > Documents).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That sounds like you want to disable session recovery. In QV11 you can uncheck the option Allow Session Recovery on the Documents tab in the QMC (System > Setup > Management Service > QlikView Servers > your_server > Documents).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

You're talking about a global server setting? No that's not what I'm looking for. I just need to apply it to one document.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

In the QV Developer Desktop open the qvw and try setting a trigger to unlock & clear all selections on opening the document:

• Settings
  • Document Properties
  • Triggers [Tab]
  • Select <OnOpen>
  • <AddActions>
  • <Selection> | <Unlock All>
  • <Selection> | <Clear All>

Best Regards,   Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am seeing the same situation now.  The server setting on Session Recovery does not seem to matter.  11.0.11440 with IE and AJAX.  When you reopen a document it returns you to the state you were last in regardless of the check on session recovery.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am seeing the same situation now.  The server setting on Session Recovery does not seem to matter.  11.0.11440 with IE and AJAX.  When you reopen a document it returns you to the state you were last in regardless of the check on session recovery.