Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is QVW data different in AccessPoint than in Qlik Developer

The same QVW is behaving differently when accessed from Qlik Developer vs. when accessed through AccessPoint.  Admittedly, I was not the original developer - so I am primarily looking for suggestions on where to look for why the same physical QVW file is showing data differently when accessed one way vs. the other.

Background: "MedDRA" refers to a dictionary of terms.  Every six months, a new version of the dictionary is released which we then update into our QlikView apps.  I have loaded the 18.0 dictionary (which is the "new" version referred to below).

AccessPoint:  shows the “new” version in the listbox, but it is not selected (and I cannot select it).  A new term in 18.0 will appear in gray in the term listbox (i.e. it is not a valid option for selecting) APPicture.jpg

Developer:  the “new” version is visible and is also selected.  A new term in 18.0 shows in white (and can be selected)  QlikDevPicture.jpg

Same file… same QVDs… but the net impact is that I’m seeing what I expect in the Developer but not when running the same QVW through AccessPoint.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

-Tony

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you opening the same published QVW in the Desktop client? Or how do you ensure it is the same QVW?

Then, are you using the same user to access the QVW?

Maybe there is some logic (maybe depening on the user login) that makes a selection and locks the field, maybe with an OnOpen action (you can check the document properties for triggers). If there is a locked selection, this would explain that you can't select value 180.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It looks like that value is locked. If you have session recovery enabled then the selection state will be saved and used again when you access the document later. I think that is what you're seeing. You'll have to unlock the field first before you can select another value.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Are you opening the same published QVW in the Desktop client? Or how do you ensure it is the same QVW?

Then, are you using the same user to access the QVW?

Maybe there is some logic (maybe depening on the user login) that makes a selection and locks the field, maybe with an OnOpen action (you can check the document properties for triggers). If there is a locked selection, this would explain that you can't select value 180.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There was an OnOpen trigger which makes the selection before subsequently locking the field (which it should be doing, BTW - we don't want users to be changing this value unintentionally).  The selection is based on a variable passed through one of the transformations.

I thought I had refreshed all of the extracts and transformations - but I must have missed something when I originally refreshed the one that set this variable, because after I refreshed both it and then the app, 180 was selected and locked (which is what I wanted). 

I still do not understand why the variable was appearing correctly when opening the QVW in developer and incorrectly through AccessPoint (because I would have thought that the same file opened in two places should look the same).  I'll have to restore the older versions and try to trace that piece down... but at least the app is working as-expected again.

Thank you for the recommendation.