Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why is Qlikview loading two XL sheets into the same table?

Very frustrating. I've been away from Qlikview for about a year, and the most basic load functionality seems to be kicking me in the teeth.

I have an XL file with two different tabs. Both tabs have the same column names and basic data structure. I want them to get pulled in as distinct tables, with their own unique table names. The script below is what I have. However, the second table is getting loaded into the first table.

[TABLE A]:
LOAD
Table,
      Attribute,
      DataType,
      [Allow Nulls?],
      PKey?,
      FKey?,
      [Ref Table],
      Description
FROM
data_dictionary.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is tableA_data_dictionary);

[TABLE B]:
LOAD
Table,
      Attribute,
      DataType,
      [Allow Nulls?],
      PKey?,
      FKey?,
      [Ref Table],
      Description
FROM
data_dictionary.xlsx
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is tableB_data_dictionary);

Can anyone advise why this is happening and how to fix it? I've spent some time researching and as far as I can tell, the table name ought to be forcing the data to load into a different table namespace for the second load statement.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

it looks like since the 2 tables are identicle, QV is doing an automated concatenation.  If you do not want that to happen, you will need to add the noconcatenate bewtwwn the 2 table names - the issue you will run into though is you will now have 2 tables with a lot of synthetic keys since the column names are the same in both tables.

To avoid that, you can add Qualify in fron of the tables so each field will then ahve the tablename as part of the field name.  You can also do a load as and name the field what you want - remember though if you want the tables to be linked, you will need 1 field in both tables to have the same name

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Use NO CONCATENATE

Not applicable
Author

Option1:

Like Coloner said, use NoConcatenate

[TABLE A]:

LOAD

Table,

Attribute,

DataType,

[Allow Nulls?],

PKey?,

FKey?,

[Ref Table],

Description

FROM

data_dictionary.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is tableA_data_dictionary);

NoConcatenate

[TABLE B]:

LOAD

Table,

Attribute,

DataType,

[Allow Nulls?],

PKey?,

FKey?,

[Ref Table],

Description

FROM

data_dictionary.xlsx

Option2:

Rename data name to different.

Such as

[TABLE B]:

LOAD

Table,

Attribute as Attribute2,

DataType as DataType2,

FROM

data_dictionary.xlsx

Not applicable
Author

[FACE PALM]

Duh...has been over a year since I've had the opportunity to work with QV, and I completely forgot the basics. Realized I should probably add a column with the table name/information so that I can then segregate the data in views. That way I can filter between Table A and Table B data.

Thanks for the answers!