Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why isn't my straight table showing ALL of my data?

I have a table, see below-

straight table.PNG

It should be popping out 511 records when I hit a button, but instead it's only popping out 507 (506 records total). The problem is as follows-

F00022.PNG

Now look-

F00022 Straight table.PNG

In fact, if all of these showed up everything would be on point-

F numbers.PNG

Why aren't these ITMSNumbers showing up on my straight table?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It was using a dimension for Name rather than an expression and wasn't showing all of the data because "Name" was a dimension, not an expression.

However, when I made Name an expression it then threw off the data for a few other numbers...

View solution in original post

11 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe because these are text values and not numbers?

Just guessing without knowing your data, model and expressions and their context.

Not applicable
Author

ITMSNumber's mostly start with a number but there are others that start with letters. It's just not grabbing the ones that start with F for some reason...

sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using for your straight table?

Not applicable
Author

Here's an image of the schema-

table pic.PNG

Here's a snippet of the load script-

load script straight table.PNG

I'm using two expressions.

Label- Data

Expression- ITMSNumber

and

Label- AM Supervisor

Expression- [AM Supervisor]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When that happens to me it is usually because of the value my expression is coming up with isn't what I think it should be, combined with the presentation flags.  Try unchecking 'Suppress Missing' and 'Suppress Zero-Values' on your expressions on the Presentation tab.  And check 'Show All Values' on your dimension tab.  If it pops in then, you'll be able to see what it's calculating and narrow down what to fix.

Don't forget to put the checkboxes back to what you want them to be after!

Not applicable
Author

I was almost certain that this would solve the problem... it didn't.

Not applicable
Author

Please don't forget about this post guys. This is literally the finishing touch on a project I've been working on for months.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We would need to see what your straight table design looks like.  Can you post an example of your qvw?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you are talking about.

I can't see an AM Supervisor column in your straight table nor a field named AM Supervisor in your model.

Are you sure these two are your two expressions in the straight table you are showing above?

Remember that you should always

Use Aggregation Functions!

In general, it would be MUCH easier if you provide a more detailed description of your application.

There are a lot of different reasons why your table might not show some rows you might expect - and honestly I don't have a lot of interest in guessing around.

Uploading a Sample

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling