cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will i create multiple master calendars

Hello Everyone,

Have several sets of dates that i need to take care of  in my insurance model am working on.

I have:

Claims Table  - Claim Date, Capture Date and Claim Effective Date

Premium Table  - Premium Date  and  Effective Date.

Member Policy Table  - Policy valid From date and Policy Valid To date.

NB: There are  other tables with dates as well.

How will i manage to have one MAIN MASTER CALENDAR?

will i make small master calendars e.g. for each section like claims then join them to one MASTER? or create an Event Cross Table with  Claims and Premiums being the Events?

An Example will be much Appreciated!!

Thanks and Regards

George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think you will rather need several calendars. A very good explanation will you find here: Canonical Date and this might be helpful, too: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can go for this thread:

Canonical Date

marcus_sommer

I think you will rather need several calendars. A very good explanation will you find here: Canonical Date and this might be helpful, too: How to use - Master-Calendar and Date-Values

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried the canonical date but i failed ....I will need to try it again.

If you have done any canonical dates will appreciate a guide...

Thanks Balraj.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Marcus. have you done any work that shows how the canonical dates resolved this....will appreciate if you share

marcus_sommer

I personal have no use-case of canonical date (sometimes I have a second calendar as data-island) and therefore no examples. But I think you will find here many hints to this topic: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=canonical

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

George,

I dont have any sample for same.

But I would suggest check out for transaction data from customers for Master calender. Because as you mentioned their are so many dates which may not be used.

I wud suggest check for transaction date and cretae Master Calender of same and try to link other date with this transaction date.

May be FLAG is also an option by using Link Table concept.