Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Without macro Can I reload a script by clicking a button object

Dear all Friend's,

I can reload a script by a button object.But I want to reload a script by a button without the help of macro.

Is it possible to do that?

Please if possible help me.I am in a critical problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Koushik Roy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You can use an action instead of a macro, go to the button, right click, properties, Actions, External, Launch, set full path to QlikView executable (qv.exe search for it in your Program Files folder) and set parameter as

/r C:\FullPath\Document.qvw

To avoid being prompted if you want to execute the program, go to the script editor, and to the "Settings" tab in the lower part. Click on "Can Execute External Programs"

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

You can use an action instead of a macro, go to the button, right click, properties, Actions, External, Launch, set full path to QlikView executable (qv.exe search for it in your Program Files folder) and set parameter as

/r C:\FullPath\Document.qvw

To avoid being prompted if you want to execute the program, go to the script editor, and to the "Settings" tab in the lower part. Click on "Can Execute External Programs"

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Friend.

Its working fine...

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Can you share your example application please..

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Antony,

Check paths and file names in the attached document as they refer to the example. All you ened is right click on the button, properties, Actions tab.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Dear Friend,

One more thing Miguel it will works for a standalone application but is it possible to do in a Server application??

Is there any alternate rule?Because if we write the path name of a server application then a authentication screen

must be appear.How to handle it?

Please make me clear my friend.

Thanks & regards,

Koushik.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks.

I did as per your application, it is realoading but not showing the updated value. when i close & reopen the same application then its showing the updated value. i dont know what mistake i did ???

Regards,

Antony

Not applicable
Author

Its Ok.

But please what will I do for a server application?

What will be the parameters and application path then?

Thanks & Regards,

Koushik.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Koushik,

Actions and triggers on server doens't fire as they do in the Desktop application, and is very likely you cannot do that. There are EDX tasks in Publisher, using the QMS API so you can create a VB or C# project to call a task (in your case, a reload task) from the client.

Anyway, specifying in the Action UNC paths in the form \\server\resource\file for both the qv.exe file and the qlikview document to be reloaded instead of local paths (C:\) should work, although it will ask for permissions in your browser (it's actually opening qv.exe as if you did using the Windows, Run command). So you need to have Desktop installed in your Server, plus use only Plugin (using AJAX will not fire the trigger). However, the reloads takes place. The users need permissions to execute that application in the server, and write permissions in the folder where the document resides.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Antony,

The file you want to reload must be closed. Otherwise you will keep seeing the values before the reload was executed. If permissions are all right, then that should work.

Regards,

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica