Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Word/pdf Reporting capabilities

Hello,

Can someone please help me confirm if QlikView is capable to address the following requirements:

1. Generate, save and make available periodical (weekly, monthly) reports (pdf format) in a qvw environment

2. Send by email (to a list of users) a QlikView report embedded in a word/pdf template

3. Embedded content with dynamic size, capable of page breaks, in a word document (e.g.: table with n rows)

4. Create formatted dynamic reports (with index, page numbers, etc...), through QlikView Report Editor

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Generate, save and make available periodical (weekly, monthly) reports (pdf format) in a qvw environment.

Yes. Easy if you purchase the PDF feature of Publisher. Harder way is to write your own macro. There are samples on the Forum.

2. Send by email (to a list of users) a QlikView report embedded in a word/pdf template.

Same answer as #1.

3. Embedded content with dynamic size, capable of page breaks, in a word document (e.g.: table with n rows)

No native capability with QV, but could be done with a macro or VBS script. Perhaps someone will post an example.

4. Create formatted dynamic reports (with index, page numbers, etc...), through QlikView Report Editor

Yes.

-Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Generate, save and make available periodical (weekly, monthly) reports (pdf format) in a qvw environment.

Yes. Easy if you purchase the PDF feature of Publisher. Harder way is to write your own macro. There are samples on the Forum.

2. Send by email (to a list of users) a QlikView report embedded in a word/pdf template.

Same answer as #1.

No native capability with QV, but could be done with a macro or VBS script. Perhaps someone will post an example.

Yes.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Dear BruSanto,

I can propose you to download and test the trial version of CilPrint: http://bit.ly/i2eIhT.

I'm sure it can help you to generate word document very easily.

please contact us for more informations cilprint@cilaos-conseil.com

Rgds