Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Wrap X axis label name in Horizontal Chart

Hi Experts,

I have a a dimension field that has lengthy names.

There seems to be a few option that work for vertical bar chart but not for the horizontal.

However, just wondering if someone in the group has a solution for this lately?

I appreciate your help here.

Please find attached.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

properties ...>presentation...>Legend..>Limit Legend(characters)

i think this will minimize your legend name ,,,not sure of wrap .

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Why don't you just display the full Geo Sector and use CTL+Shift+S to reposition the chart elements so you can see the whole thing?

Andy

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Space is the concern. I do have around 6 charts to display in a space of iPad screen size.

I appreciate any further help on this.

Regards,

Shyam

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

To best of my knowledge, we do not have an option to wrap a text on Horizontal bar. Add the Xaxis field name in the expression tab and in [Display Options] -> uncheck bar and -> check text as pop up.So when you hover over the bar it shows you the full desc of the field.

Thanks,
V.

syedmazhar
Contributor III
Contributor III

=if(isnull(subfield(FieldName,' ',4) ) and isnull(subfield(FieldName,' ',3) ) and isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(FieldName,' ',1), if(isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2), if(isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',3), if(not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',1)) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1) & chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',3) & chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ))) )

We need to write the condition for all the dimension values.