Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
shyamcharan
Contributor III

Wrap X axis label name in Horizontal Chart

Hi Experts,

I have a a dimension field that has lengthy names.

There seems to be a few option that work for vertical bar chart but not for the horizontal.

However, just wondering if someone in the group has a solution for this lately?

I appreciate your help here.

Please find attached.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

5 Replies
galax_allu
Valued Contributor

Re: Wrap X axis label name in Horizontal Chart

Hi

properties ...>presentation...>Legend..>Limit Legend(characters)

i think this will minimize your legend name ,,,not sure of wrap .

Partner
Partner

Why don't you just display the full Geo Sector and use CTL+Shift+S to reposition the chart elements so you can see the whole thing?

Andy

shyamcharan
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the responses.

Space is the concern. I do have around 6 charts to display in a space of iPad screen size.

I appreciate any further help on this.

Regards,

Shyam

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

To best of my knowledge, we do not have an option to wrap a text on Horizontal bar. Add the Xaxis field name in the expression tab and in [Display Options] -> uncheck bar and -> check text as pop up.So when you hover over the bar it shows you the full desc of the field.

Thanks,
V.

syedmazhar
New Contributor

=if(isnull(subfield(FieldName,' ',4) ) and isnull(subfield(FieldName,' ',3) ) and isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(FieldName,' ',1), if(isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2), if(isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',3), if(not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',2)) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',1)) and not isnull(subfield(Field Name,' ',3)), subfield(Field Name,' ',1) & chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',2)& chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',3) & chr(10) & subfield(Field Name,' ',4) ))) )

We need to write the condition for all the dimension values.