Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Facundo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Wrong total expression

Hi,

I have a straight table showing top 10 values of a cyclic dimension using dimension limits with the following expressions :

- Sales : sum(Sales)

- Closed : sum(ClosedSales)

- % Pending : ("Sales" - "Closed") / "Sales"

But the Total of %Pending is wrong, it is ignoring the top 10 on dimension limits.

Any ideas why is this happening?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably because the pairs of (double) quotes doesn't really match to a valid syntax.

If your default date format is 'DD/MM/YYY' you can get rid of the explicite date format, and you can also make use of the 'kind of bug' that Qlik allows single quotes also around your (numeric) search:

SUM({<[$(=GetCurrentField( Cyclic))] = {"=Rank(Sum(

{<

[Date] = {'>=$(=Date(AddMonths(MIN([Date]),-6)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MAX([Date]),-1)))'}

>}

[Total Sales]))<=2"}>} [Total Sales])

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

AFAIR, that's expected, but I would also expect the first two expressions' totals to ignore the top 10 dimension limit unless you are using sum-of-rows total mode.

Could you post a small sample QVW?

Facundo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, I'm using the sum-of-rows total mode.

Example attached.

example.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Instead of using dimension limits, you can use set analysis to filter TopX dimensional values, using something like

SUM({<[$(=GetCurrentField( Cyclic))] = {"=Rank(Sum([Total Sales]))<=2"}>} [Total Sales])

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Hello Stefan, if you wouldn't mind, Why the total should is 69.23 for Employee Dimension? In the Total mode we are using Sum of rows?

Facundo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Stefan, the example is working, but when I try to replicate on my qvw it doesn't works.

It fails when I try to add the following : 

{<

[Date] = {">=$(=Date(AddMonths(MIN([Date]),-6),'DD/MM/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MAX([Date]),-1),'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}

>}

Any ideas why?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Probably because the pairs of (double) quotes doesn't really match to a valid syntax.

If your default date format is 'DD/MM/YYY' you can get rid of the explicite date format, and you can also make use of the 'kind of bug' that Qlik allows single quotes also around your (numeric) search:

{<

[Date] = {'>=$(=Date(AddMonths(MIN([Date]),-6)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MAX([Date]),-1)))'}

>}

Facundo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Great, that single quote trick is working, but my problem now is that I need the top 2 of a sum of two columns, to be more specific :

SUM({<

[Año Entrada]=,[Mes Entrada]=,[AñoMes Entrada]=

,[Fecha Entrada] = {'>=$(=Date(AddMonths(MIN([Fecha Entrada]),-6)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MAX([Fecha Entrada]),-1)))'}

,ESTADO = {'CERRADO'}

>}

GASTO_MEDICO)

+

SUM({<[Año Entrada]=,[Mes Entrada]=,[AñoMes Entrada]=

,[Fecha Entrada] = {'>=$(=Date(AddMonths(MIN([Fecha Entrada]),-6)))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MAX([Fecha Entrada]),-1)))'}

,$(=$(v_campos_calendario))

,FECHA_CIERRE= {99991231}

,ESTADO = {'ABIERTO'}

>}

IMPORTE_MESA_ENTRADA)

How can I use the Rank function in this case?