Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD(Year to date)

Hi All,

I have Ratio say sum(amount_paid)/sum(confirmed_policy_premium) and Dimension as a Year.

I want to the ratio for all the years. This works fine.

But i have a scenario where if Current month is September then Current Years will be calculated from January to September and other Previous years from January to December.

I want other Years to be calculated from January to September.

How to achieve this.

Please help me with this. I don't have QVW to attach.

Thanks & regards,

Keerthi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would create a YTD flag in my master calendar in the script:

If( Date - YearStart(Date) <= Today() - YearStart(Today()), 1, 0 ) as IsInYTD

This flag can then be used in a chart expression:

Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1}>} Amount )

I can use any dimension; e.g. Year, Month, Product and the expression will still work. I can compare YTD between years this way.

HIC

View solution in original post

16 Replies
vikasmahajan

Please go through this qvw.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would create a YTD flag in my master calendar in the script:

If( Date - YearStart(Date) <= Today() - YearStart(Today()), 1, 0 ) as IsInYTD

This flag can then be used in a chart expression:

Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1}>} Amount )

I can use any dimension; e.g. Year, Month, Product and the expression will still work. I can compare YTD between years this way.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

Say if i have 14-Feb-2014 i.e today's date and my dimension is Year and expression is loss_ratio.

When use the Sum( {$<IsInYTD={1}>} loss_ratio).

Will i get the other years 2012, 2013 loss_ratio calculated only till 14-Feb-2013 and 14-Feb-2012 ???

Thanks & Regards,

Soumya

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes. The IsInYTD will flag if the date is before Feb 14, irrespective of which year it is.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

Excelent answer.This way is better useful for regular  requirements.it gives better performance than writing

functions in UI side expression.

am i right?

can you please share me any docs like regular usage MTD and YTD and like FTD.i want to implement because helpful at the time optimization.

regards

Mahesh

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure there are any such documents... but I am planning a blog post on the topic.

Basically I always create a set of flags in my master calendar: IsCurrentMonth, IsLastMonth, IsInYTD, etc, and then I use these in Set Analysis. Much cleaner and simpler formulae.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply.We hope,expecting soon from such type of   post from your blog.

regards

Mahesh T

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've uploaded a couple of documents showing point in time comparison which may be of interest to you:

QlikView App: Simple Year To Date Example (Set Analysis)

QlikView App: Set Analysis - Prior Period Comparison

Hope they are useful to you.

Steve