Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD missing values

Dear all,
I've been struggling with this issue for days now, so let me try to explain this as good as I can.

First of I have an measure with the following YTD expression :

if(Match(Legal_Entity_AB,'ELECTRABEL','EEM','ENGIE SA','EGM','LPM','NGE'),

sum({$<YearAB={"=$(=Max(YearAB))"}, MonthAB={"<=$(=Max(MonthAB))"} >}AMOUNT_AB)/Weight,

sum(AMOUNT_AB)/Weight)

so as you can see from the if-condition , depending on which legal entity it is we get source data that is already YTD or just normal data/month.
But the behaviour that I have now while using this expression , is that if I add an extra dimension (all dimensions are dynamic) the grand total changes , because of the fact that for some months I dont have a particular value for that extra dimension.

See the first two attached images.

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

So in this case the row B - IT Costs doesnt appear in the 5 month, as it is not available in the 5th month , but as it is YTD I would like to see all possible rows that have appeared in the last 5 months , as shown in the 2nd picture, where I select the first 5 months and indeed the row B - IT Costs appear.

When I select a month where the IT Costs are propagated originally , like the 4th month shown below you see , he does calculate the correct YTD for that value ,and shows it.

Capture3.PNG

This is really important as the grand total gets corrupted by this issue.

If anyone has any idea or possible direction I can look in , please feel free to advice or help me.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry I completely forgot, normally it should be accessible now.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Same issue I am afraid.

Did you:

1- Delete the section access script

2- uncheck the section access options in document properties

3- reload the dashboard ?

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I was about to re-upload but thinking about it overnight , I'm sure you won't be able to have any information out of this qvw.

If it suits you , I'd propose to hold a small teamview session? This way I can show you the report as is in fully functional form and you get the best feeling of the issue.

Let me know

Kind Regards

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi,

Sorry I was off for a few days.

Unfortunatly I wouldn't be able to teamview at work as much as I think that would save some time!

Can you copy the relevant objects into a new dashboard with a  'cleansed' small subset of your data?